Monday, December 20, 2010

Business Cards


Business cards serve many purposes but their primary purpose is to tell what you do and give the recipient a way to contact you. Apart from that however I find a business card should either reflect on the person carrying the card or the business/company.  

This photo is of my business cards.  Every Choice I make when designing has purpose... and I am going to attempt to share this with you.

My colour choice: Orange

Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.

To the human eye, orange is a very hot colour, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. 

Orange has very high visibility, so you can use it to catch attention and highlight the most important elements of your design.

I think this colour while catching peoples attention also gives them an idea of what type of designer and person I am and attracts my target market.

The Information on the card:

I have very little information on the card. (my name, my phone number, my e-mail, my title, and my logo and tag line)  
Too much information confuses the eye... a design may look cluttered or sloppy.  I find it is very important to only use information that is absolutely necessary on a business card, and keep it looking clean and attractive to the eye.

The graphic:

The only graphic on the card is a puzzle piece.  On one side it looks like the piece is missing and on the other it looks as though it is just a puzzle piece.  I am trying to convey that I am the missing piece to your design problem.  I carry ideas through to the end like you would a puzzle... until every last piece is in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment